@@@ Summer Break? @@@

View previous topic View next topic Go down

@@@ Summer Break? @@@

Post  Sheilsoft on Thu May 24, 2012 11:43 am

Folks,

As discussed at our last club meeting, myself and Richard went along to La Vida in Cucador with a view to seeing whether we could relocate there for our future club meetings. We spoke to the owner who was happy to offer us premises within her function room, allowing us to trial assorted areas within that space to see what would be best for viewing either laptop screens or projections.

There were assorted time slots available, with a possibility of Tuesday afternoon being the best. However, when she asked when we would like to start, it soon became obvious, even between the two of us, that most dates for June and beyond interfered either with guests arriving or other Summer activities.

I would therefore like to suggest that we defer our next club meetings and field trips to after the Summer period, when things settle down (and cool down) for the autumn. We can still operate as a club via the club forum over the summer, and I will offer up mini assignments and tutorials to keep us going... If we have the time and/or energy!

One location that members may want to visit as a great potential 'photo opportunity' is the Almeria Festival of Speed on June 29th. It promises to be a great fun day with plenty of classic cars and racing. If you know of any other activities over the Summer that may interest us here, please post the details on the forum.

Sorry if this sounds a backward step for the club, but I hope you agree it's a sensible arrangement. We can start afresh in Sep/Oct, possibly in new premises when all our visitors have departed and temperatures have dropped to more reasonable levels.

Please let me know your thoughts on the above.

Keep snapping, and I look forward to regular posts and plenty of photos on the forum.

Best regards,
Howard Very Happy

Last edited by Sheilsoft on Sat May 26, 2012 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile http://www.sheilsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Re: @@@ Summer Break? @@@

Post  VicA on Thu May 24, 2012 2:59 pm

I agree with your thoughts Howard, it would not be much fun wandering around a village/town/other venue in the blazing heat of July/August. September seems a good month to start, it's still warm but the worst of the heat has gone.

We're lucky this year I think that the "Hotel Vic" is closed after the middle of June.

Regards

Vic
VicA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Summer break

Post  Dave689 on Fri May 25, 2012 4:00 pm

Hola

I agree with having a break during the summer but does this mean that the meeting on 1st June is off? Rosemary was down at Rumors this afternoon and she said it was quiet and not too hot.

I would be OK for next Friday and then from the beginning of October.

Dave

Dave689

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheilsoft on Fri May 25, 2012 8:39 pm

Dave... And others,

I am unavailable 1st June, due to visitors, so unless someone else wants to facilitate the meeting...
Looks like we'll be on summer break until about September/October (Sept I'm in UK for daughter's wedding).

Rgds,
Howard Very Happy

View user profile http://www.sheilsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum