Almanzora Photo Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feb 2013 assignment - blossom

2 posters

Go down

Feb 2013 assignment - blossom Empty Feb 2013 assignment - blossom

Post  Dave689 Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:21 pm

Hello all. This is my February attempt. Not had time to go out so these are from recent pics.

Firstly, I´ll stick to what´s topical, almond blossom. It is difficult to get this with both foreground detail and an interesting background.
Feb 2013 assignment - blossom Dsc01785ju

This is from my garden, bees on bottle brush blooms. I had the macro setting on when these were taken so they are also my contribution to this topic.
Feb 2013 assignment - blossom 1997beesonbottlebrushfl

Feb 2013 assignment - blossom 1998beesonbottlebrushfl

Dave

Dave689

Back to top Go down

Feb 2013 assignment - blossom Empty Re: Feb 2013 assignment - blossom

Post  Sheilsoft Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:15 am

Dave,

Good shots! You say, it's difficult to get foreground detail and an interesting background, but I think you managed to achieve just that pretty well. The image has a good depth of field and has an almost 3D feel about it.

I hope you don't mind, but I tried adjusting the histogram for this image, just by using the Adjust/Brightness & Contrast/ Levels... adjustment to the image's histogram in Paintshop Pro, see below...

Feb 2013 assignment - blossom Davehistogram

It may not always give the result you want, and sometimes you just want to stick with the exposure as is, but I think you'll agree it gives it a bit of added... pop!

I like the two macro shots of the Bottle Brush blossom too... the trouble with bees is they NEVER stay still! Our plant's in blossom now too... you've just inspired me to get out there and take some shots of it... well, when the wind dies down!

Rgds,
Howard Very Happy

Last edited by Sheilsoft on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Sheilsoft
Sheilsoft

http://www.sheilsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Feb 2013 assignment - blossom Empty blossom...

Post  Dave689 Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:13 pm

Thanks for your input Howard. Yes, the almond trees do look better with a bit of warmth, I thought I had done that, memory isn´t what it was. The bees were the best two out of 40 or so images, the others all seemed to have bees' backsides toward me!

Dave

Dave689

Back to top Go down

Feb 2013 assignment - blossom Empty Re: Feb 2013 assignment - blossom

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down