Almanzora Photo Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paint Shop Pro layers

2 posters

Go down

Paint Shop Pro layers Empty Paint Shop Pro layers

Post  Richard Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:27 am

Not sure if this is the right area for this, but feel free to move it if it isn't!

Following our club meeting on Friday, I have been trying to play around with the extra layers that can be created in Paint Shop Pro X2.

For some reason, when I use the duplicate feature to create another picture, it does not appear on the right of the screen as it did when demonstrated on Friday. It merely "appears" as another window, i.e. the same as if you had loaded another picture in to Paint Shop from your library. this means that the pictures remain separate and do not appear as a merged image. What am I doing wrong or doesn't X2 have this functionality in the same way as X4?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Richard.

Richard

Back to top Go down

Paint Shop Pro layers Empty Re: Paint Shop Pro layers

Post  Sheilsoft Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:29 pm

Richard,

Well I tried to emulate what you were getting using PSP X4... and couldn't!

Obviously you shouldn't get effectively a new image in its own tab when you click Duplicate on the Layers menu. Adding a new layer or duplicating a layer will ALWAYS appear in the Layers palette at the side, in all versions of PSP. All I can suggest is...

1) Try resetting your preferences (Click File/Preferences/Reset Preferences)... Once done check you have selected the Layers palette ( I don't this is visible by default (Click View/Palettes/Layers or F8)

2) You could also try reinstalling X2... a bit extreme, but should work.

3) Take this opportunity to download PSP X4 (trial version), the preferred version for the club. Let me know if you do and I'll send you the club workspace... and other stuff.

Rgds,
Howard Very Happy
Sheilsoft
Sheilsoft

http://www.sheilsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheilsoft Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:07 pm

Just a thought Richard...

Are you sure you're clicking Layers/Duplicate... and not Window/Duplicate (which does open a new tab)?

Rgds,
Howard Very Happy
Sheilsoft
Sheilsoft

http://www.sheilsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:24 pm

Howard, you are right, it was a windows layer problem!! Problem now sorted. I have X4 downloaded but probably need some other stuff for it?

Thanks

Richard.

Richard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down