Almanzora Photo Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*** CLUB CLOSURE ***

3 posters

Go down

*** CLUB CLOSURE *** Empty *** CLUB CLOSURE ***

Post  Sheilsoft Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:14 pm

Folks,

It is with a real sense of regret, that I have to inform you that today's club meeting will be the last, and therefore the Almanzora Photo Club will cease operating. I have given this a great deal of thought over the last few months, and have ultimately come to the conclusion that the static low membership, didn't justify the time and effort I was putting in. This in no way reflects on the wonderful people, now friends, who have been members for the past two years.

I first co-started the club simply because I enjoyed photography, and wanted to become a member of a local club. As none existed here, the answer was to start our own. I had hoped that the responsibility of the club could be shared, and that membership would thrive, but unfortunately that didn't really happen. A pity, but there we go!

Since then, I have become a member of the Vera Photo Club, which has grown into a large, busy club, with a good mix of enthusiasts of all levels, from pros to newbies. The real difference is, firstly, I'm just a member, and can enjoy just turning up and enjoying the experience. The second, and important to me, is that it's quite an interactive club with a lively Facebook club page. I checked OUR club forum data today, and since January this year, excluding my posts, there had been 63 posts by members... The Vera Facebook page has had 100+ posts and 100+ photos uploaded... SINCE SUNDAY!!!

So there you go. The decision had to be made, and for me, I've had to go with what I get the most enjoyment and satisfaction from. Sorry if this disappoints you guys... We gave it a good go, and had some good times along the way. If any members want to join the Vera club, you will be made very welcome. Contact me if you want any further details.

Thanks for everything, and do keep in touch.

All the very best.

Rgds,
Howard Very Happy
Sheilsoft
Sheilsoft

http://www.sheilsoft.com

Back to top Go down

*** CLUB CLOSURE *** Empty Re: *** CLUB CLOSURE ***

Post  Richard Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:33 am

Howard, I fully understand your decision and support you in what you have decided.

On behalf of the other members, I would like to thank you for all your work, contributions, time, expert help and advice that you have put in over the last 2 years.

Vera Photo Club are lucky to have such a dedicated member in their midst!

Richard.

Richard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheilsoft Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:46 am

That's very kind of you Richard, it was my pleasure!

Rgds,
Howard Very Happy 
Sheilsoft
Sheilsoft

Back to top Go down

Post  Val Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:49 pm

Agree with what Richard has said. Would also like to say thank you for the help you've given us with psp.

Val

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheilsoft Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:10 pm

You're very welcome Val!
You have my email address if you need any further help.

Rgds,
Howard Very Happy 
Sheilsoft
Sheilsoft

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down